You'll find our parking enforcement officers to be excellent ambassadors for the City of Greenville. They carry city maps and brochures, and are ready to assist by answering your questions.
Avoiding a Parking Citation
The City parking enforcement staff wants to help you avoid getting parking citation. View a list of common violations:
- Backing into spaces
- Moving a vehicle to avoid a citation
- Parking facing traffic
- Parking in a loading zone - all loading zones have a 30-minute limit and are for loading purposes only, unless otherwise posted, loading zones are enforceable 24 hours a day
- Parking in a prohibited zone or no-parking zone, including parking in horse carriage and valet spaces
- Parking more than 18 inches from the curb
- Parking on a sidewalk
- Parking out of the lines
- Parking over the two-hour limit
Pay/Appeal a Citation
You may easily pay citations online.
For more information, please refer to Chapter 42 of the City Municipal Code. To review the citation fee schedule, please refer to Chapter 48 of the City Municipal Code (Appendix A - Parking Violations).